WoodTones Over-The-Ear Headphones
Real wood and really great audio go together.
That's why Griffin is proud to offer these exceptionally great-sounding and great-looking headphones, each with unique hand-turned wood, color and markings, polished to a smooth, satin finish.
The wooden housings are fashioned from real wood, available in:
- Walnut- Wood from walnut trees, used in making of fine furniture, gunstocks, and decorative pieces, with distinctive wood grain and rich, dark coloring.
- Sapele- Also known as aboudikro, wood from sapele trees, used for making musical instruments, reminiscent of mahogany, with distinctive grain and coloring.
- Beech- Wood from beech trees, with clear wood grain and light coloring.
These headphones pair the excellent acoustic qualities of the wood with 50 mm neodymium drivers. One listen, and you'll agree that it's a good match. Griffin WoodTones headphones impart warm overtones that accentuate the mid-range. Vocals come alive, and low frequency bass emerges without distorting harmonics or clarity-destroying echoes. You'll notice an improvement in sound volume, as well; you may find yourself listening at a lower volume level than usual, yet enjoying it more.
The WoodTones enclosures are so lightweight, and the plush ear pads are so comfortable, you can wear them for extended periods without fatigue, and a listening experience isolated from outside distractions. Their rectangular shape more closely resembles the shape of your ear, making them comfortable for long periods.
The detachable 1/8" cable with built-in mic gives you plenty of room for listening and easy storage. The built-in mic features buttons that control Siri, call answering and hangup, audio playback and next/previous track.
Each set of WoodTones is a one-of-a-kind artifact that will reveal layers of nuance in your favorite music that you've been missing with ordinary headphones.
- Real hand-turned wood enclosures with unique woodgrain
- Wooden housings enhance voice and bass frequencies without coloring the sound
- 50 mm moving coil neodymium magnet drivers for powerful sound
- Over 90-degree pivoting earphones
- One-size-fits-all headband
- Impedance: 32 ohms
- Sensitivity: 108 dB ± 3 dB
- Frequency response: 20 to 20,000 Hz
- Lightweight for comfort
- Detachable 1/8" (3.5 mm) cable with built-in mic
- Built-in mic also has controls for Siri, call answering and hangup and audio (play, pause, next/previous track)