Use your existing non-powered speakers for the ultimate in untethered digital playback
You've got a world of music in your iTunes library, on your iPod, iPhone, and iPad. Why are you only playing it through headphones?
Twenty is a digital audio amplifier that uses Apple's Airplay wireless audio/video protocol to connect your AirPort Express and your speakers. Connect your original Airport Express wireless base station - or any digital audio source - to Twenty with the included TOSLINK optical audio cable. Connect your speakers — the good ones — to Twenty's lugs. Now you have a zero-configuration audio set-up, streaming Apple Lossless sound via Apple's AirPlay wireless protocol from iTunes to your speakers via a low-profile digital amplifier.
What Can You Do With Twenty?
- Play music from your iPhone, iPod touch, iPad or any device that supports AirPlay, or your computer's iTunes library.
- Use Apple's “Remote” app to control your iTunes library from anywhere in the house.
- Stream music from your favorite AirPlay-enabled apps… Pandora, Rdio, Spotify, Last.fm and more
- Purchasing movies and TV shows from iTunes? Watch them on your computer or iOS device while the audio plays through your stereo speakers.
NOTE: Twenty is designed to provide docking with the original Airport Express but is compatible with any digital audio source including the new Airport Express.
Twenty is not available for shipping outside of North America. We apologize for any inconvenience.
- Power connection and mount for Airport Express
- 2.1 channel sound system
- Output: 20 watts per channel
- Optical audio input with included optical cable
- Supports powered subwoofer with automatic active crossover @ 80Hz
- Digital audio output to the user's existing loudspeakers
- Class D Stereo Amplifier: TI PurePath™
- Input: S/PDIF optical, TOSLINK connector (included)
- Sensitivity: 0.34 dBFS for 20 watts (volume control set to max)
- Power: 20 watts per channel into 8 ohms @ 0.08% THD, both channels driven
- Frequency Response: 20 Hz to 20 kHz, +0, -0.34 dB
- Signal-to-Noise ratio: 95 dB
- Crosstalk: -71 dB
- Left + Right sub-bass audio
- Autoswitching when powered subwoofer is detected
- Power: Line-level output (2 V rms at 0 dBFS input)
- High-Pass Filter: 80 Hz 2nd order Linkwitz-Riley applied to L+R channels
- Low-Pass Filter: 80 Hz 2nd order Linkwitz-Riley applied to subwoofer output
- 100 to 240 VAC @ 50/60 Hz
- Supplies both amplifier and power connection for original Airport Express
"I love my new griffin 20 wireless amp. This is the piece I have been waiting for to complete the ultimate minimalist stereo. Works like a charm and I love showing it off." --Matt Helfrich, from Facebook
"Futureproofing. It's a concept that appeals to consumers, but for various reasons most manufacturers have shied away from products that enable people to extend the useful lives of the gear they already own.
The brand-new Griffin Twenty ($99, out today) is a refreshing exception to the rule.
The little Class D amp is designed around Apple's last-gen Airport Express wireless access point/mini router, and is aimed at repurposing a pair of forgotten passive speakers as a wireless AirPlay system. It's a nice idea, and the price is right.
...unquestionably a cool little device."