Audio Amplifier for AirPort Express
Twenty is a digital audio amplifier that uses Apple's Airplay wireless audio/video protocol to connect your AirPort Express and your speakers. Connect your original Airport Express wireless base station - or any digital audio source - to Twenty with the included TOSLINK optical audio cable. Connect your speakers to the Twenty, and now you're streaming Apple Lossless sound via Apple's AirPlay wireless protocol from iTunes to your speakers via a low-profile digital amplifier.
What Can You Do With Twenty?
- Play music from your iPhone, iPod touch, iPad or any device that supports AirPlay, or your computer's iTunes library.
- Use Apple's “Remote” app to control your iTunes library from anywhere in the house.
- Stream music from AirPlay-enabled apps… Pandora, Rdio, Spotify, Last.fm and more
- Purchasing movies and TV shows from iTunes? Watch them on your computer or iOS device while the audio plays through your stereo speakers.
NOTE: Twenty is designed to provide docking with the original Airport Express but is compatible with any digital audio source including the new Airport Express.
Twenty is not available for shipping outside of North America. We apologize for any inconvenience.
- Power connection and mount for Airport Express
- 2.1 channel sound system
- Output: 20 watts per channel
- Optical audio input with included optical cable
- Supports powered subwoofer with automatic active crossover @ 80Hz
- Digital audio output to the user's existing loudspeakers
- Class D Stereo Amplifier: TI PurePath™
- Input: S/PDIF optical, TOSLINK connector (included)
- Sensitivity: 0.34 dBFS for 20 watts (volume control set to max)
- Power: 20 watts per channel into 8 ohms @ 0.08% THD, both channels driven
- Frequency Response: 20 Hz to 20 kHz, +0, -0.34 dB
- Signal-to-Noise ratio: 95 dB
- Crosstalk: -71 dB
- Left + Right sub-bass audio
- Autoswitching when powered subwoofer is detected
- Power: Line-level output (2 V rms at 0 dBFS input)
- High-Pass Filter: 80 Hz 2nd order Linkwitz-Riley applied to L+R channels
- Low-Pass Filter: 80 Hz 2nd order Linkwitz-Riley applied to subwoofer output
- 100 to 240 VAC @ 50/60 Hz
- Supplies both amplifier and power connection for original Airport Express